Did You Know

Did You Know?

Parents have the right to refer their child for special education services. Contact the school counselor or a special education staff member to get the process started.

Did You Know?

Students with an IEP have the right to access the general education setting to the full extent of their capabilities. Students served in special education are not kept in special rooms all day. That would be illegal. Your child with an IEP can take the same classes as their peers and receive accommodations for their disability.

Did You Know?

Your college bound student can continue to receive accommodations in the college classroom. During high school - level IEP meetings, this should be discussed with you if your child has indicated a desire to continue his/her education in college.

Contact Info:

Please contact Julie Filer at 509 258 4535 x03201 for more info and for any questions!

Special Education Services

Welcome to the Special Services page. If you are a parent of a child with special concerns, we want you to know that you are not alone. Our special education staff provides caring academic assistance to students who are served through the special services program. If your child has recently been diagnosed with a disability or if you simply have questions about the process, please call and let us help you through the next steps.